I usually spend my Sundays with my family using nap time to meal plan and grocery shop for the upcoming week however I found myself with a quite a bit of produce leftover from the week on the verge of going bad. I don’t use the word “hate” very often but I really truly HATE wasting food!!!
Top of my must use list: 2 baked sweet potatoes and quinoa!
Using the two sweet potatoes was a pretty easy decision! I had remembered seeing a brownie recipe a while back and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a try!!! My hubs has recently gone gluten free so I wanted to make sure it was something the entire family could enjoy!
Sweet Potato Brownies (Gluten Free)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 Large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP Cooked Quinoa*
- 3 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
*I had leftover quinoa in my fridge. You could also use quinoa flour or coconut flour as a substitute
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Bake your sweet potatoes (or if you’re like me use leftover ones!), peel skin and let cool
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash sweet potatoes and add: eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla
- Add dry ingredients: quinoa, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour into 8×8 glass baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
If you have a little helper like me that’s an extra bonus!
My only advice – Try not to eat the entire pan! I had 1/4 of the pan gone within minutes and had to hide it from myself in the microwave!
As a beachbody coach I run health and fitness challenge groups to help other people begin and/or continue their health and fitness journey and turn it into a LIFESTYLE! If you’re interested in more information about ways to enjoy clean eating and/or would like to be part of my upcoming challenge group, fill out the form below! Together we can end the trend of obesity!