So…I picked up a pound of ground chicken last week at the grocery store in hopes to make some homemade chicken nuggets for my picky, carb loving, anti-protein-eating 3 year old but every recipe I found seemed too difficult or I was missing something here and there and to be honest, she probably wouldn’t have eaten them anyway! Time was ticking before the meat either needed cooked or frozen so I decided it was time to get creative…and the Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato chicken muffins were created!
Besides….my amazing, supportive husband “happily” ate turkey burgers for dinner 3-nights in a row so I really wanted to make him something tasty! (Hey – this fall weather has been too good to be anywhere but outside!!!)
WHAT YOU NEED:
(makes 12 muffins)
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS WILDTREE Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato seasoning
- 1 TBS Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Low fat, shredded Mozzarella cheese (I prefer the Sargento but any brand will work!)
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
A few things to note: You could sub out the rice krispies for bread crumbs…I was just trying to keep it gluten free and my daughter liked dumping “her” cereal in the bowl so we went with it. Also, the seasoning is what makes this recipe. Wildtree makes organic, non-GMO all natural seasonings…I attended a home freezer meal workshop a while ago and found so many great seasonings that really fit our lifestyle!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Spray pan with olive oil to prevent sticking (let’s just say learn from my mistakes!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix eggs, seasonings and garlic in a large mixing bowl
- Add the ground chicken and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add the cheese and rice krispies and continue stirring until the mixture holds together well.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop into a muffin pan. (You can also roll into 2″ balls…I just have an aversion to touching meat and avoid when possible!!) You should get about 12 muffins total.
- Bake muffins for 35-40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through
For all my 21-day fixers: 3 muffins would equal 1 red serving and 1/2 a yellow.
I run challenge groups monthly where I share my tips for success to a healthier you – whether its clean eating ideas, encouragement to get started with an exercise routine or just all around support to live a happier lifestyle I can help! Fill out the application below and help me #endthetrend