I started making mancake bakes when I FIRST started my health and wellness journey back in 2014 but it wasn’t until I did a gut health reset in March of 2022 that I brought them back in the regular meal plan rotation and they haven’t left since.
They’re a perfect combination of carbohydrates, protein, fruit, veggies and DELICIOUSNESS!
5 months of new varieties, repeating the favorites and trying new things!
I can honestly tell you I do not get tired of this breakfast and I hope you find it just as satisfying!
This is the recipe for my most recent bake:
PEACHES, STRAWBERRIES & ZUCCHINI MANCAKE BAKE
but at the end of this post I’ll share some switch ups.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups egg whites
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (could use quick oats or any oats but I prefer the Sprouted Rolled Oats by One Degree organic foods)
- 2 bananas
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into chunks
- 2-2.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups peaches, diced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 9×13 pan lined with unbleached parchment paper
- optional: nut butter, granola
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Blend egg whites, oats, bananas, zucchini, cinnamon and vanilla
- Pour into lined 9×13 pan
- Add peaches evenly throughout the pan
- Add sliced strawberries evenly throughout the pan
- Bake 45-50 minutes until cooked thoroughly and sides begin to pull away from sides
Slice into 4 equal servings and store in fridge in an airtight container
Serve warm and top with nut butter and/or granola or serve cold and enjoy on the go!
For my portion fix friends: 1 red, 1/2 green, 1 purple, 1 yellow
Enjoy with First Thing for a full serving of greens to start your day!
This recipe is gut protocol friendly and extremely filling!
- Swap carrots for the zucchini
- Add eggs for additional protein
- Do 1/2 pound carrots and 1/2 zucchini
- Use blueberries or raspberries instead of peaches
- Leave out the berries all together
- Top with peanut butter, mixed nut butter, honey or pure maple syrup!
- Swap the berries for chocolate chips
- Switch up the recipe to make it fit your nutrition needs, desires and goals!
Here are two reels on IG showing you how to put it all together each recipe slightly different as I tweak and learn along the way!!!
Would love to know what you think!!!
Tag me on IG if you decide to make this amazingness – @maeganblinka
CLICK HERE if you would like to learn more about the Gut Health program mentioned above!