I have had this “thing” for cinnamon lately..
I put it on my steel cut oats for some flavor, its the key to my Fruity MANCAKES and I love it in my morning shakeology to spice things up! Its one of those “free foods” and I keep finding ways to add it in! But my favorite taste of cinnamon easily has to be cinnamon roasted almonds!!!
Yeah, yeah, I know, not the cleanest thing out there but my oh my do I love them!!! We visited the Home Show in Pittsburgh last month and sampled some of those roasted almonds, pecans and cashews and I’ve been thinking of them ever since.
I know I’ll be able to snag them at the Buccos home opener…but I couldn’t wait for Monday! Aubrie was crafting during the little guy’s afternoon nap so I decided to whip these together!
I found some healthier recipes out there but I was going for taste and these hit the spot!!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- I egg white
- 1 tsp water
- 2.5 cups whole almonds
- 2.5 TBS sugar
- 2.5 TBS brown sugar
- 1.5 TBS cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- parchment paper
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Whip the egg white and water until bubbly in a medium bowl.
- Add the almonds and stir until well coated.
- Add the sugar, salt and cinnamon together in a separate bowl, then add to the coated almonds and stir until evenly coated (I added a lid to the mixing bowl and shook it up!)
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper.
- Roast for 1-1.5 hours, stirring every15/20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in air tight container
NOTE: You will want to eat all of these…at once. I recommend portioning them into baggies or small containers to avoid the temptation. They’re DELISH!!!!