Cooking healthy can be a challenge, especially during the week!
My kids are at that age where we run all day long, non stop and you cannot turn your head for a second or Colt is up on the table or pulling all the toilet paper out of the bathroom!
So…I use a lot of crockpot meals! This one is one of my favorites because it can easily be doubled and leftovers can be used for another dinner or lunches later in the week! Plus its super easy and full of flavor! And 21-day fix approved!
Makes 4 servings
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Layer the sweet potato chunks and chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot
2. Season with salt and pepper
3. In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, red onion, apple sauce and vinegar
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken and sweet potato chunks
5. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until the chicken breasts are tender
6. Serve with a vegetable or side salad (so you can get in your green container for all you 21-day fixers!) or over brown rice
I also like to use the Reynolds crockpot liners for easy clean up!!!
21-DAY FIX: 1 SERVING: 1 RED (CHICKEN) 1 YELLOW (SWEET POTATO)
I would count the applesauce as 1/4 of a purple or just the orange for the day!