One of my favorite things of fall is all the winter squash! Squash is easily one of my favorite veggies. But…confession time – I usually cheat and buy the cubed butternut squash from the grocery store!!! Its just so dang hard to cut those things in half! But, I had been staring at this little guy on my counter for over a week so I figured it was time to brave it! I solicited some ideas from my facebook friends on some yummy recipes and although there were quite a few impressive sounding ideas…I couldn’t pass up the grilled option given we were sitting on a very unseasonably warm late October day!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Butternut Squash
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2-3 TBS Honey
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Wash the butternut squash thoroughly
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes and add honey
- Slice the squash in half so you have two even bottoms to work with and peel off the outside
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat
- Cut each half into slices and then steam in a microwave safe bowl with about 1-2″ of water for 4 minutes
- Grill approximately 5-6 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your slices, brushing with honey & balsamic glaze
I also think this would be good with some brown sugar or cinnamon and a little olive oil! Get creative – try something new!
Tonight I served it with grilled chicken and steamed broccoli! YUM!!!!
Whether you’re new to clean eating or a seasoned pro – if you’re interested in more information fill out the form below to join one of my upcoming health and fitness accountability and support groups! Together we can end the trend of obesity!