So week 1 of the 21-Day Fix Extreme is almost complete and I have to say all of the recipes we’ve tried so far from the nutrition guide have been AMAZING!!! I decided to save these for the weekend and make enough for both Saturday and Sunday mornings and they were a hit for the entire family!!!
Cashew ‘N’ Oat Hotcakes
Makes 10 servings, 2 hotcakes each – 1/2 Purple 1 yellow, 1 teaspoon
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups mixed berries
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Pulse oats, cashews, salt and cinnamon in a food processor or blender until coarsely ground.
2. Add egg, oil, water and vanilla extract; pulse until well blended
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top (I found a large cookie scooper to work the best for making them even!!!)
5. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds
6. Repeat with remaining batter
7. Serve pancakes topped evenly with berries
I opted to use blueberries but my hubs did a mixture of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries!!! I love that these are gluten free and contain coconut oil – two things I’m trying to make part of my routine!!!
Clearly we were all excited to try these out as my hubs snuck a bit in before I could capture the big picture!!!
I can’t say enough good things about the 21-Day Fix Extreme!!! If you would like to give this program a try – or any other Home DVD workout program – please fill out the application below so we can connect! I’d love to help you reach your health and fitness goals!!!
THERE’S POWER IN NUMBERS
One thought on “Cashew ‘N’ Oat Hotcakes”