I am usually ALL ABOUT healthy, clean eating…even with my sweet treats! However when my one and only sister and first time mama-to-be asks me to whip up my old time specialties for her baby shower weekend, naturally I obliged!
Gluten free has to count for something right?!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups All natural Peanut Butter
- 4 cups of sugar (i know I know – WOWZERS!)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- In a large saucepan, combine margarine, milk, sugar over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Bring to a “rolling boil” – now this is the biggest part – a rolling boil means that there are large bubbles that do not go away when stirred.
- Boil for 20-30 seconds (I usually set a timer. If you boil too long they will be dry but if you don’t do it long enough they won’t set up!)
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add oats and quickly drop onto waxed paper. I have found a pampered chef cookie scooper is the fastest and easiest way to do this but a spoon will also work!
TIP: These cookies don’t actually “freeze” solid. I usually keep them in the freezer and its two fold. 1) They kind of taste fudge-like and 2) It keeps me from staring at them on the counter and inhaling an entire batch in one day!!!
I hope you enjoy as much as my family and I do!