Ready or not Summer is winding down and Fall is just around the corner!
I don’t know about you but when I think of fall I think of Back to school, Football, Apples, Festivals, tailgating, get togethers and really good FOOD! And as much as I like good food – I also love CLEAN & Healthy foods and anytime I can take an old favorite with a healthy twist I AM IN!
After a summer full of grilling I have dusted off my crockpot and I am ready for some new soups and easy meals that get tossed together in the morning and are ready to eat come dinner time!
I see this becoming a staple in our house – its easy to make – easy to make A LOT of – and its so versatile!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (more or less depending on your preference)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 sliced onion (optional)
- 1/4 shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Banana Peppers (optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Toss all items into the crockpot – cook on low 6-7 hours and shred when complete! And yes – that’s IT!
SOME SERVING IDEAS INCLUDE:
- On top of sliced tomatoes —>
- As a wrap – I loved it with some sliced banana peppers and spinach on a gluten free tortilla
- As a salad – in a mix of romaine and spinach with some cherry tomatoes. The chicken is so juicy – no dressing needed in my opinion
- Pizza topping – Again – I am digging the combo with banana peppers but think some additional hot sauce would be good and cheese so its more “like pizza”
- Open faced sandwich – easy enough!
- Over pasta – this was my munchkins preference
- By itself
Side note – the picture with the sliced tomatoes was a time when I had more than 2 pound of chicken and not quite 2 cups of yogurt. It was more of a shredded chicken than a ‘DIP’ but if you use the yogurt identified above for the amount of chicken you have it will be creamier.
And to answer the thought I am sure you have —- No – you cannot taste the yogurt aspect at all!!!
If you would like more recipes like this to help with the busy transition and balance with Back to School this year join my BACK TO SCHOOL – BACK TO YOU Health & Fitness Accountability group starting next week! We share tips, ideas, motivation and keep one another on point as we all adjust to this next stage of the year!!!
3 thoughts on “Clean Buffalo Chicken Dip”