Its no secret – I. Love. My. Mancakes.
Here’s the real deal – I actually love pancakes but I have a hard time putting anything into my body that has ZERO nutritional value! So I put a halt to the classic pancakes a while ago but I have found the best solution: Mancakes! They’re a gluten free combo of: Oats, egg whites, berries, banana and naturally flavored with some pure extracts and cinnamon!
They’re filing, no need for syrup, and my 2 year old insists on them DAILY – #mommywin!
Now: The only downside is – they take FOREVER to cook! Partially because when I make them I made a quadruple batch (which yields around 32-35 pancakes) and I don’t like to dirty more than one pan – but nonetheless – time is precious!
My husband and I both had these on our WEEK 1 HAMMER & CHISEL MEAL PLANS and I decided there was no way I could stand and flip that many cakes!
So I whipped up this little Mancake Berry Bake this week and it tasted like a blueberry muffin and I’m kind of thinking this is going to be my new thing!
The consistency is dense -like a cake/muffin but full of flavor! I’ve been enjoying these post-workout/Recovery shake for Meal #1 followed by my shakeology. This has been working these last four days to keep me energized and full after these intense Hammer & Chisel Workouts!!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 Cups of Oats
16 Egg whites (2 small cartons or one large)
1 Cup of strawberries (frozen are a-okay!)
1 Cup of blueberries (frozen are a-okay!)
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp almond extract
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (you’ll see some oats but that’s okay!!!) – Now in my first go at these I forgot to add my blueberries – so I sprinkled them throughout and baked – I feel like this gave them more of a “muffin” feel opposed to blending them all together! But my little guy prefers them blended smooth!!
- Pour into 9×13 baking pan (I prefer the foil toss pans – easy in and easy out!!! Don’t forget to spritz with olive oil or coconut oil first!)
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Make sure you test the center so its cooked fully (note: using frozen fruit may prolong the baking time 10-15 minutes)
- Break into 4 pieces and now you have 4 breakfasts ready to go!
Hot or cold – these things are AMAZING!
Whether you’re following the 21-day fix or Hammer & Chisel or Insanity Max: 30 or CIZE – this recipe will fit your meal plan!!!
I have them planned out to give me: 1 Yellow, 1 Purple and 1/2 Red with each serving. The walnuts would be counted as a blue if used!
Why the 1/2 red? Because I am missing my post dinner sweet treat and what I found is that I can shake 1/2 a scoop of chocolate shakeology with some ice cold water to finish dinner and I no longer have that urge to much 🙂
If you’re looking for some new recipe ideas, or meal planning tips or maybe just some accountability to stay ON TRACK especially when times get tough – then join my next online Health & Fitness accountability group! My next group is now forming and I am looking for more women who would benefit from the support network and accountability of achieving their goals TOGETHER!
There’s Power in Numbers
3 thoughts on “Baked Mancakes”