When your days are busy and your nights are busy – you don’t want to spend the evening cooking. And, well, quite frankly, you likely don’t HAVE the TIME to spend the evening cooking!
We’ve been rocking the crockpot meals and this one was a HUGE hit and nice change up from the traditional SALSA CHICKEN.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2lbs fresh or frozen chicken breasts
- Juice of 3 limes ~ roughly 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 TBS freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 cup + salsa verde chicken
- 1 TBS taco seasoning (I LOVE the wildtree brand but whatever you choose will work!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese
- Greek Yogurt/Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Crockpot liner
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Line crockpot with liner or spray with nonstick spray
- Combine all ingredients and cook on low 7-8 hours
- Shred chicken and return to crockpot 20-30 minutes while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Serve*** and ENJOY!
***We enjoyed this dinner solo, over a bed of spinach and lettuce combined topped with avocados and extra salsa, as a taco salad and as loaded nachos! The options are LIMITLESS with so much variety! The choice is YOURS!!!
NOTE: This is the most perfect dinner to PREP the night before and simply plug in in the morning!!!