When I started Whole 30 in October 2016 I quickly browsed the cookbook and picked my top dinner choices. I can’t give an exact reason why but the ingredients were purchased on my first Whole 30 shopping trip – yet it took me more than two months to actually make this dish!
Lesson learned – next time don’t be afraid to try something new.
This was DELICIOUS – and just so different from our typical “week night meals”.
In my mind I think I assumed that it was more complicated than it looked…but trust me when I say…if I can make this – ANYONE CAN!!!
(adapted from the WHOLE 30 Book)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 TBS mustard powder
- 1 TBS paprika
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Remove pork from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel
- Mix the mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika in a small bowl and rub the pork evenly with seasoning mixture.
- In a food processor (the mini handheld pampered chef one works great!!!) – or by hand – pulse or chop the walnuts until finely chopped.
- Coat the pork evenly with the chopped walnuts.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a baking pan ( I used a 7″x11″ pyrex dish and it worked perfectly!) and roast 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Let the pork rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the tenderloin into 1/2 inch thick medallions.
Serve with your veggie of choice and more importantly ENJOY!!!
NOTE: I doubled this recipe (as I do with most recipes to ease the meal prep later in the week!!!) and I will vouch the leftovers were just as amazing as night 1!
I recently completed a round of Whole 30 paired with Core De Force and I can truly say I found my JAM! I found what works for me – what I enjoy – and what makes me FEEL good on the inside!!!
If you’d like accountability and support whether its for your workouts, nutrition, the whole 30 or all of the above – fill out the form below!!!
THERE’S POWER IN NUMBERS