3 Day Refresh
Ok, I’ll be honest, if I hadn’t posted last week that I was going to be starting this on Monday June 30th I am not sure that I would have followed through! But I said it and I was going to keep my word!
I wasn’t exactly excited about doing the cleanse however I was excited when Beachbody announced this new product and I was excited when I heard about other people’s results…not only the weight loss but how everyone who did it seemed to feel revived and full of energy – and who doesn’t want a little more energy?! Plus, I personally just cannot promote a product when I myself haven’t given it a try! So here goes nothing!
I took the time to read through the information packet, made my meal plan for the week and went grocery shopping! And the rest is history!
A quick recap:
- I learned one big, valuable takeaway —- I eat WAY too many bites of my kids leftover foods! I had to make a very conscience effort not to finish that bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Not to eat those last few bites of a graham cracker still sitting on the high chair tray and not to take bites of their food, especially while prepping! I knew I muchned here and there but limiting myself to only my allowed meals really pointed this out to me.
- By the afternoon on day 2, I wasn’t feeling the hunger I felt on Day 1 and Day 3 was even easier
- I woke up on the 4th day feeling so energized! Buh bye bloating and hello energy boost!
- I also lost 3.2 pounds and 1.5 inches from around my belly button!
- I know I can do anything if I put my mind to it!
- I did not like the fiber sweep drink – but got over it quickly!
- The first day was HARD. I was hungry at times but kept telling myself I could do it and kept chugging water!!! As a result I was literally peeing like every half hour!!! I stayed very busy during these days so I didn’t have as many temptations
- I did have one very small cheat on day 1 – a stinkin blueberry mini wheat…and I’ve been regretting it ever since!
So what were the days like??? Here’s a more detailed look…
Monday – Day 1
Day 1 started off great. Did my PiYO workout, had my shakeology, and started my day. The morning snack is a fiber sweep drink and green tea. The tea is no problem, I drink that everyday but the consistency of the fiber sweep was not my favorite! Its one of those things that I just looked and said I have to do it. So I mixed it and chugged it. On the upside it did take away my hunger! Lunch was great – steamed broccoli (leftover from the prior night’s dinner) and an apple with almond butter with the vanilla refresh. This was my first refresh shake and I just shook it up with water – not the best decision on my part! I prefer really cold drinks and this just didn’t cut it. Next one would be blended! Afternoon snack was cucumbers with hummus and then another refresh shake for dinner with some grilled asparagus and almonds – yummmmm! I did get hungry later in the night but I just kept drinking water. And yes, if you’re wondering, I probably peed about 20 times!! Whew – but I do have one confession. I snuck in one cheat bit. It was a shredded mini wheat fed to me by my son – and it didn’t even taste good! Ooops – no more!
I woke up at 5:00, got my PiYO workout in and quickly made my chocolate shakeo – I was hungry! Fortunately I kept busy so I didn’t even realize I was hungry at all during the morning. I had my fiber sweep a little later than planned but stuck with my whole “chug it” theory and a few hours later enjoyed my lunch – Asparagus (leftover from the prior night’s dinner…notice a trend???) and some blueberries. 2/3 a cup of blueberries was a lot of blueberries! This time I blended my vanilla shakeo with one of the guilt free additions – cinnamon – very tasty! I mashed up some avocado and added a little lemon juice to go with my red peppers for my afternoon snack and finished the day with a delicous spinach salad filled with so many veggies. I actually sat down to eat and forgot about my shake. I can feel my body adjusting quickly! I made my shake again with a little ice and cinnamon and finished the day with ZERO cheating! Whew – that felt great! I think I’m getting the hang of this! It was a late night but I actually felt so energized and awake it didn’t bother me!
By this point I was in a groove…Day 3 was a breeze! Still woke up early, got my workout in and chocolate Shakeology. Downed the fiber sweep before heading out to run some errands and enjoyed my lunch so much today!! I had to check and then double check the book but sure enough 12 medium strawberries was considered 1 fruit option. TWELVE!!! That’s a lot! I got creative and split them up. I tossed 6 in with the vanilla refresh and saved 6 to eat. The shake was DELICIOUS and my lunch with some carrots and hummus was very satisfying! I went back to my cucumber snack with hummus in the afternoon and tried something new for dinner – steamed Kale with pine nuts! And same as last night I almost forgot my shake! I was tempted to add some strawberries because it was just that much better but that’s not part of the plan – so I passed! Day 3 was in the books. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t go to bed that night dreaming of some almond milk in my shakeo the next day….call me addicted but I LOVE almond milk!!!
If you think you’d like to give this a try but may need a little support and motivation along the way join one of my upcoming challenge groups! I want to help YOU lead a healthier and more fulfilling life!
- July 14th – 60 day support and accountability group – this will include any and all workout programs (I’ll be doing the recently released PiYO!!!)
- July 21st – 21-day fix group – It takes 21-days to make something a habit – Let’s break those old habits and start making new ones
- July 28th – 30 Day refresh and clean eating – Start with the 3-day refresh and we’ll continue to work together over the following month to learn more about clean eating and a healthy lifestyle
You can get started with the 3-day refresh and continue a lifestyle of clean eating and exercise to help you get on the right path to a happier and healthier life! Create your free account HERE, browse, shop, decide, commit and be healthy!