It was a Friday night and we were making our dinner plans for Saturday. We had company coming over and I was totally planning to stick with our traditional “grilled chicken and veggies” with maybe a quinoa salad. I mean I totally would have tossed in a fun marinade or some spices, lol And my husband looked at me and said “Can we please have something other than chicken or turkey burgers?!”
I thought back…I mean we did toss in some Stuffed Peppers a few weeks ago but that aside, it had been pretty plain and boring! Ok – time to spice things up!!!
He suggested fish tacos – something I absolutely LOVED but never made at home! It was a restaurant treat 🙂
So we googled and searched and found bits and pieces of recipes we liked and came up with our own clean eating 21-day fix approved fish and shrimp tacos!
WHAT YOU NEED:
(makes 4 servings)
8 Corn tortillas
1 pound fresh or frozen tilapia
1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp
1 each – green pepper, red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper cut into strips
1 large onion – sliced
Avocados, slices (optional)
Jalopenos, sliced (optional in my mind – required per my husband)
Salt and Pepper to taste
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Grill the peppers and onions for about 10 minutes, flipping frequently. Remove from grill
2. Grill the tilapia and shrimp (with salt and pepper as desired) approximately 3-4 minutes per side, remove from grill
3. Warm tortillas per directions on bag, or on top rack of grill while fish is cooking
Assemble and add your favorite toppings!!
We enjoyed dinner on the deck – served with some microwave corn on the cob!___________________________________________________________________________ For all my 21-day fixers out there…2 Tacos would be as follows (depending on your toppings):
- 1 Yellow (2 corn tortillas)
- 1 green (Peppers and onions split between the two)
- 1 red (Regardless of shrimp or fish – 1/2 a red on each fits perfectly)
- 1 blue (1/4 of an avocado on each one)
Whether you’re new to clean eating or a seasoned pro – if you’re interested in more information fill out the form below to join one of my upcoming health and fitness accountability and support groups! Together we can end the trend of obesity!