Did you know Chambersburg is known for its peaches?!? Well, I for one I had NO IDEA! However my amazing Coach, Deidra, just so happens live in Chambersburg and just so happens to be from the town I currently live in. Lucky for me she was visiting her family this weekend and brought home a bunch of peaches and shared with me!!! We got a little visit in and I got some fresh peaches – win win!!!
I’ve ate fresh peaches before, liked them, made them into baby food when my youngest was just starting out on fruits but to be honest I grew up on the canned stuff. The fuzz on an actual peach kind of scared me and I never quite knew how to cut around that pit?! Every time I tried I butchered the peach! Turns out…I just don’t think I ever had the right/ripe peach! This was easy peezy – slice all the way around and pull apart! DONE!
These peaches Deidra gave me are AHMAZING! They’re so juicy and have the perfect sweetness.
So now, what to do with my peach???
I typically start my day the same exact way everyday. Wake up, drink my E&E, do my workout, have my Shakeology and get started with my day…but I’ve decided to switch things up – insert – Peaches-n-cream crunchy oatmeal for breakfast! And no, not the artificial prepackaged stuff either!
WHAT YOU NEED:
(I’ve added the coordinating 21-day fix containers for quick reference)
- 1/2 Cup of rolled quick oats (or your favorite oats) – 1 YELLOW
- 1/2 a Peach, diced – 1/2 PURPLE
- 4 Halved Walnuts – 1/2 Blue
- 1/4 – 1/2 Scoop Vanialla Protein Powder – This would count towards your reds…One serving of Whey Protein powder is considered to be 1.5 scoops – so depending on how much you put in would determine how to count it for your containers. I used about 1/4 and it was plenty!
- tsp Honey
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Cook the oats according to package directions (I combined 1/2 cup oats with enough water to cover the oats completely and microwaved for 1 minute)
- Add your protein powder and/or honey, walnut pieces and diced peach – mix and enjoy!