Week 2 is almost a wrap and yes, I am still SORE!!!! I remember this feeling from when I first started my fitness journey almost a year ago and I know the sore muscles are worth the pain and simply a result of using different muscle groups!
Like Autumn always says:
“You can be sore today or sorry tomorrow!”
But all in all I am really enjoying this workout program and so are all my challengers!!!! One girl lost 4 pounds in just the first week…another 2 inches just around her waist…and most are feeling better and more energized (and sore!!!) than than ever before!!! I love surrounding myself with these like-minded people!!!
We tossed the Turkey Meatballs into the rotation this week and they sure were a crowd pleaser! I love that they are gluten free, full of flavor and freeze well – extra bonus!!!! They also made the perfect lunch on the go when my little guy and I were hanging out in the waiting room during my daughter’s gymnastics class – much better option than goldfish!!!
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED:
1.5lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
1 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt (Mineralize)
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 large egg
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
12 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C)
2. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray; set aside
3. Combine turkey, salt, mustard, paprika, egg, oats, garlic, parsley and tomato sauce in a large bowl; mix well by hand. (confession – I totally dislike touching raw meat…so I used this little gadget from pampered chef that you use when browning meat and it worked PERFECTLY!)
4. Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet. (Again…touching meat issue…I used a cookie scooper and packed it against the side of the bowl, scooped out and waahla – perfectly sized, evenly cooked meatballs!!)
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
6. Serve with your favorite sides!!!
NOTE: I doubled the recipe so I could freeze half for another week.
Let me know if you give them a try!!!
If you’re interested in trying out the 21-Day Fix Extreme or any other workout programs I invite you to join my next accountability group!
THERE’S POWER IN NUMBERS!