During my grocery shopping last weekend I picked up a bag of shredded broccoli/cabbage/carrot blend with this vision of grilled shrimp tacos and a crunchy flavorful slaw to top it off —- problem was — I didn’t get anything else to actually make the slaw!
So I did what anyone else would do and I started browsing Pinterest! Problem was I was always missing an ingredient or 2 from all of the ones I found and I wanted to make sure this was CLEAN and preferably 21-day fix approved – so I just made one up!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 6oz bag of broccoli/cabbage/carrot shredded mix
- 4 TBS plain greek yogurt
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
- 3-4 TBS pine nuts (or peanuts, almond slivers, sunflower seeds, etc…)
- 3-4 TBS raisins or craisins (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Whisk together: yogurt, honey, lemon juice and vinegar
- Add: Broccoli/Coleslaw mix
- Mix thoroughly
- Add nuts and raisins
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
Serve alone as a side or as a topping for some fish & shrimp tacos or grilled chicken wraps!
I am happy to say I got two thumbs up from my hubby!!!
I think going forward I would add some sliced avocado and perhaps some jalopenos for a little kick and go with the raisins vs. the craisins. But all in all – it was a hit and the leftovers were even better!!!