I whipped up a triple batch of this before heading to California for the NLC last week and somehow the hubs requested it AGAIN this week…I guess I and going something right!!!
Servings: 8 (approximately 1.5 cups each) Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes
(container equivalents: 1/2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 oil/fat)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tsp extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast (or lean grass-fed ground beef)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) kidney beans (or pinto beans) drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 tsp crumbled goat cheese
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
5. Evenly divide between six serving bows; top with cilantro and cheese.
The recipe is per the FIXATE cookbook! I have experimented by adding some red pepper flakes for some kick, a can of rotel for one of the cans of crushed tomatoes as well as halving the beans for a little less yellow and adding a few crumbed up tortilla chips. I also prefer shredded cheddar cheese to the goat cheese. Use this as your guide and make it fit YOUR lifestyle and tastebuds!!!
These leftovers are just as good as it was on Day 1 if not better! So double it up – or even triple it up and if you’re not as big on the leftovers all week long freeze individual servings for a fast, healthy and balanced meal!
Clean, gluten free, and 21-day fix approved!
WHETHER YOU’RE NEW TO CLEAN EATING OR A SEASONED PRO – IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN MORE INFORMATION FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO JOIN MY NEXT HEALTH AND FITNESS ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT GROUP!