Its BACK TO SCHOOL and back to the crockpot life!
Our evenings are busy and I’m sure your evenings are too!
This was a simple meal that can really be tweaked and served different ways to meet your and your family’s likes and dislikes!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 4 large breasts
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 TBS fajita seasoning
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of whole grain brown rice
- Shredded colby jack cheese (optional)
- Greek Yogurt (for sour cream substitute)
- Tortilla chips for a crunch!
- Crockpot liner for easy clean up (highly recommended)
- Fresh Spinach (serve as a salad)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Line crockpot with liner
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot and cover with chicken broth, canned tomatoes, diced onions and peppers, minced garlic,fajita seasoning sea salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Remove and shred chicken breasts from crockpot.
- Turn slow cooker to high and stir in rice and black beans.
- Let cook approximately one hour on high, or until rice is tender.
- Add chicken back in, cook for 20 minutes on high, or until chicken is warm.
- Serve with toppings of your choice
Serving Size: 1.5 Cups
21 Day Fix: 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Green – optional toppings will impact your containers!