If there’s one thing this Whole 30 jazz is helping me do – its step outside of my normal cooking habits!
We loved the Cauliflower Fried rice and more so the versatility of it!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets*
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, snapped and cut into 1″ pieces
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 – 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- To “rice” the cauliflower, place florets in food processor and pulse until it reaches rice-like consistency. Work in small batches and repeat as needed *NOTE: Costco sells pre-riced cauliflower that makes this process MUCH faster!
- In large skillet/pot, melt coconut oil and heat over medium heat. When hot, add onion, carrots and beans. Cook 4-5 minutes and add garlic, cooking one additional minute.
- Add the riced cauliflower, salt and pepper to the pot and combine with additional vegetables.
- Add chicken broth and cover with lid, simmering 12-15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and serve as you wish!
We enjoyed this as a side with Chicken & Apple sausage.
And also with the Perfect seasoned Chicken topped with Homemade Tomato Sauce and incorporated into our Week 2 Core De Force Meal Plan.
Leftovers tip: Reheat the leftovers using a 2-3 teaspoons coconut oil in a pan, toss cauliflower rice and additional scramble in 2 eggs for a traditional “fried rice” combo!
I am currently on Day 13 of the Whole 30 and Core De Force combined and while I am no expert I am absolutely loving the program, results and accountability from those joining me!!!
If you’d like accountability and support whether its for your workouts, nutrition, the whole 30 or all of the above – fill out the form below!!!
THERE’S POWER IN NUMBERS