I’ve never been one to go all fancy on my meatloaf but every now and then I get excited to try something new!
This meatloaf uses a “sauce mix” inside and on top of the meatloaf making it the perfect pair with last week’s cauliflower fried rice that we’ve been loving on!!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 TBS fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 TBS golden craisins (I know – sounds weird – trust me on this one!!!)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat over to 475
- In medium sauce pan sautee 1/2 the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes then add crushed tomatoes. Simmer 5 minutes
- Combine 3/4 cup of sauce with ground beef, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, crasins & remaining garlic.
- Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking dish and top with remaining sauce and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
NOTE: Cook times will vary depending on the thickness of your loaf and your specific oven. Check frequently to make sure its cooking appropriately!
We paired this with simple cauliflower fried rice and it was the most perfect combo with the carb craziness!
Make sure you drop a comment below if you try this one out!!!
WHETHER YOU’RE NEW TO CLEAN EATING OR A SEASONED PRO – IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN MORE INFORMATION FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO JOIN ONE OF MY UPCOMING HEALTH AND FITNESS ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT GROUPS! TOGETHER WE CAN END THE TREND OF OBESITY!