To the parent who struggles to find a NUTRITIOUS meal that their children will eat, without a moan or groan or fit or battle…I’m writing this to you…
If your kid eats plenty of fruits and veggies and healthy fats and lean proteins then I may hand carve you a medal (j/k I can’t carve anything!) but seriously I have had this conversation with MOST of my friends and I know we have all been there at some point…
For 6.5 years I’ve battled with my strong willed daughter at meal times.
And I know you may think that’s a wee bit exaggerated but from the time her tiny fingers could grasp bites of food she would navigate around all fruits and veggies on her plate and find the carb loaded noodles and breads practically with her eyes closed.
If you can relate to what I’m sharing here…keep reading…I have something for you!
The self proclaimed SUGAR QUEEN 👸
From the time she was a baby fruits and veggies and protein of any kind were a no go.
Pretty much non existent…and trust me it wasn’t for a lack of trying.
3.5 years ago I began investing in my HEALTH and I saw my Chrons disease symptoms diminishing and I was convinced that nutrition really MATTERS….
Her pediatrician wasn’t too concerned as she was still “growing and healthy” but as someone who preaches and teaches the importance of NUTRITION and the impact it has…beyond the waistline it pained me knowing her daily intake of processed junk…
But a girls gotta eat right?!
Enter my saving grace…
The first time I whipped up this organic, non GMO, gluten and dairy free, fruit and veggie smoothie blend she told me it tasted like POOP 💩 #fact
But I know from experience, that her taste buds have been trained to think sugar=good and that with consistency this can be changed…
2 months into CONSISTENT DAILY chocolate smoothies for this girl and we are seeing so many improvements
she’s sleeping better
she’s asking for LESS junk
she ASKS for her shake every day…opposed to me suggesting it
she’s choosing healthier options all around
she KNOWS she’s doing it and PROUD to be like mom and dad
So how did we did we implement it with our kids?
WE KEPT TRYING!
- We knew that a fruit and veggie smoothie blend complete with proteins, fiber & healthy fats was something our kids needed in their diet – the way we do too – This gave us a simple solution
- We made the same rules for both kids – even though our son was far more likely to grab an apple over the goldfish he needs this daily too! I mean who doesn’t?!?
- We talked about WHY they needed to eat healthier and how it could impact them as they get older. The more they understood the more likely they were to WANT it
- We made a rule that the kids have to TRY what we are having for dinner but if the want something else to eat it can be a shake but no junk – no snacks
- We found a recipe that they like! Simply shaken over water and ice or milk was a no go – but BLENDED with some banana and all natural peanut butter hit the spot!
- We made it fun! They help make it, they get to add some chocolate chips and sprinkles and on a good day a dollop of whipped cream too!
This has now become their anytime meal! Its rarely breakfast because they like enough other variety foods, but it can be! Some days its what cures the HANGRYness that they have right after school, sometimes its a nighttime snack but most often it goes along with dinner because that’s when we struggle – or have struggled – the most.
My friends: I know what it’s like to FIGHT during meal time NIGHTLY and to constantly feel defeated and to WISH your kids would WANT to eat something healthy but I finally found something that WORKS for us and well, like I do with everything:
When I find something I like-I SHARE IT!
If you’re still reading this then I think it’s safe to say YOU CAN relate.
I encourage you to TRY this with your kids.
There’s a full 30 day money back guarantee if you don’t like it but I truly think if you give it a go you’ll see the same success we have and you’ll come back to me in a few weeks and say THANK YOU!
I could give you a link to buy it but honestly I want to know who is interested, why you’re interested, what your kids battles are and how I can help you solve them!
So if this is something you want to try you can learn about it HERE but please request to join my Merging Family & Fun & Fitness accountability group so we can work through this together!
***WE TRULY ARE STRONGER TOGETHER***