So my family is in the process of reducing/eliminating gluten in hopes to reduce the inflammation in my hubby’s neck. At this rate…he has tried everything else to relieve the pain and a change in diet is the one thing we didn’t try! My mom used to have neck pain and saw a significant improvement when she cut out gluten so we figured – why not?!
But that doesn’t mean we don’t still like a sweet treat!
We gave these cookies a try and really enjoyed them – and so did the kiddos – so it was a win win!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Gluten Free Style
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter or other nut butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- *optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- *optional: Sprinkles – we of course went with Christmas ones on this beautiful October day 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Scoop dough with medium cookie scoop (I use the pampered chef one) or roll into 1 inch balls and place onto parchment lined baking sheets
3. Bake for 12 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and place onto a cooling rack or towel to completely cool.
My take on these: They are not “soft and chewy” like a traditional flour cookie but they taste fabulous! The peanut butter lover in me has remade this recipe several times! Comment below if you give these a try!!!