Another week down and another week stronger! I know it may sound silly but just two weeks in and I can already see improvements. My max out times are improving and there are moves that I couldn’t do in week 1 that I nailed in week 2. This seems crazy to me!
The workout schedule follows the same from WEEK 1:
Monday: Cardio Challenge
Tuesday/Thursday: Tabata Power
Wednesday: Sweat Intervals
Friday: Friday Fight Round 1
Saturday: Pulse and Abs
Sunday: (much anticipated) REST!!!
Needless to say, I am enjoying this program!!!!
I will admit – although I haven’t missed a workout, I had a few struggles this week with the nutrition department! I’m sure you can relate…A party here, dinner out there and the usual things that come with the week before Christmas! But boy, I can feel the difference! Even though I used my usual tactics like drinking my shakeology before I go and drinking more than my required amount of water, we had our MOMs Club Christmas party where I enjoyed a few too many cookies, we had a late afternoon trip to the mall that resulted in dinner out and a cheesecake shared with my hubby, a girls day lunch at the Olive Garde – THOSE BREADSTICKS!!!! Need I say more?! And I can’t tell you the last time I had nachos but Dave and Busters nailed that loaded platter – and my fingers can feel the increase in salt!!!
So here’s to week 3! I cannot change the week before but I can certainly focus on the week ahead! It will be another challenging one in regards to nutrition but that just means I’m going to need to really focus on the first half of the week and keep my goals on top of my mind through “the most wonderful time of the year!”
So what’s my plan????
Here is my HOLIDAY WEEK GAMEPLAN and my tips for you to help stay on track:
1) MORNING WORKOUTS – I’ll be continuing with my early morning workouts, and yes, even on Christmas morning! Why not? Just because its a holiday doesn’t mean you should sacrifice your own self health!
2) SHAKEOLOGY – I’ll still start EVERY morning off with Shakeology. I know how much it helps my energy and cravings…which will need a little extra control this week! It will go with me when I travel and I’ll keep packets with me so I don’t have any excuse not to eat healthy while we’re “busy” this week! Besides, it tastes like a treat anyway!!!
3) BE OPEN – I’ll share my plan with my family – and all of you! Having others to help keep me accountable always helps me reach my goals!!! Hopefully I’ll even have some company for my workouts!
4) BALANCE – I’ll be doing a little 80/20 with my nutrition. 80% of the time I am going to be SPOT and the other 20% I will enjoy my Christmas favorites!! But that’s it – JUST my favorites. I know there will be lots and lots of goodies all around but they’re not all my favorites. So I’ll pick and choose and enjoy my indulgences. I’ll pack my snacks, especially when traveling, and load up on the veggies every chance I get!
5) WATER – Keep up with my 1 gallon per day! I’ve been drinking about 1 gallon a day for a few weeks now. I fill my Shakeology shaker cup 6 times and I’m there. Keeping my water intake up helps avoid the mistake of thirst for hunger!
6) HAVE FUN! – I will enjoy the holidays. I will enjoy the time iwht my family, I will enjoy the energy I feel when I start my day off right and fuel my body, and I will enjoy those little buckeyes – in a reasonable portion 🙂
7) PACK THE DVDs – I’ll be traveling with my Insanity Max:30 DVDs. I love how portable my home workout programs are but this one is even easier as I don’t even have to worry about any equipment! I just need a little space and I’m all set!
Week 3’s meal plan is certainly a bit different but even with the holiday and travels I’m still planning out! I will not surrender and throw my hands up on the week in its entirety! (This meal plan is also 21-day fix approved in addition to Insanity Max:30 -just a little extra bonus!)
Remember – “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content”
Take a little time today to PLAN!!! I hope you all stay strong and have a VERY MERRY week!