So….if you heard that there were going to be more awesome recipes in the 21-day fix Extreme nutrition guide I am here to confirm its TRUE! Not only do these new, intense workouts ROCK but the meal plan is amazing!!! We’ve been trying recipes out all week and we have not been let down yet!
The first dinner recipe we tried out was the Turkey Chili! I actually did 1.5x the recipe so I could freeze some for a quick dinner one night next week or whenever we need it!!! But even with freezing some – we had enough for 2 dinners and a lunch for both me and my hubs! I actually think tonight’s dinner tasted better since the flavors all had a chance to combine and settle in!!! My 20-month old was a HUGE fan too!!!
Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each
1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Yellow
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 pounds raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (I used red and yellow and added extra!)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 (15-0z) cans black beans or pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15-0z) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, peppers and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
5. Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro
Start to finish this took about an hour but while I was making it I also multitasked and cut up veggies for the week, cleaned and portioned out our berries and made our Mancakes for the next day. Productive meal prep hour no doubt!!!
If you’re going to freeze this, like I did, cook fully, let cool, place in freezer bag. When ready to eat, pull from freezer and allow to thaw overnight. Cook in crockpot on low for 3-4 hours or on the stovetop until warmed through! ENJOY!!!!
If you’re interested in joining me in the 21-Day Fix extreme, the original 21-Day fix or any other workout program please fill out the application below! I will help teach you about clean eating, meal planning and prepping, and living a healthier, happier LIFESTYLE!!!!
One thought on “Turkey Chili”