Just when I thought Mancakes couldn’t get any better…this little creation came about
Ok – so a lot of you may already know I am a HUGE fan of Mancakes – specifically the Berry Mancakes however as I was prepping to leave for vacation I had some blueberries that needed to be used up and one very ripe banana so I figured I’d whip up some Mancakes for our road trip to the OBX – after all these are one of my favorite road trip/car meals!
I remembered a little convo with one of my coaches who mentioned she had added walnuts once before so I went for it and then I kept on adding! And while I don’t always want to consume my “blues” with breakfast, these were just like a treat!!!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
(makes 2 servings-each serving: 1 red, 1 blue, 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1/2 Green )
- 2 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 16 walnuts
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Heat skillet to medium heat
- Combine all ingredients into the blender
- Blend until you reach your desired consistency (I usually do about 20-30 seconds)
- Pour into pan and cook as “normal” pancakes – heating until bubbles form on top, flipping once.
This got me about 9 small mancakes for each serving and I loved the little crunch of the walnuts!!!
A repeat recipe no doubt!
Clean, gluten free, and 21-day fix approved!