Because sometimes you just need a little Italian love but you still want to keep it clean!
I love meatballs – plain, with sauce, cold, it doesn’t matter! And these little Italian goodies were a hit – especially for my growing little guy!
And like most things I do…I actually doubled the recipe below and froze half for future quick dinners…this mama needs fast weeknight meals! Who can relate?!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs*
- 1/4 cup 2% milk or almond milk
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 lbs raw ground 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt/Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black peppers
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly coated with spray
- Place bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl, set aside, soak for 10 minutes
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute
- Combine onion mixture, turkey, eggs, parsley, cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and bread crumb mixture in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands or wooden spoon. Refrigerate covered for 1 hour
- With clean hands form turkey mixture into approximately 42 1″-inch meatballs; arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 13-18 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Serves: 10 – Prep time: 30 minutes – Cook time 15 minutes
Container equivalents (per serving):
- 1 Red 1/2 Blue
- Served over 1/2 cup whole wheat or quinoa pasta – add 1 Yellow
- Served over 1 cup Zoodles: Add 1 Green
- Served with 2 large romaine lettuce leaves: Add 1 Green
*For the breadcrumbs – I simply made my own gluten free bread crumbs by toasting some gluten free bread slowly in the oven and crumbling!
If you are wanting to get more tips, healthy recipes, support and accountability to help you achieve your fitness goals, please fill out my application for a spot in my next 30 day clean eating and fitness challenge!!
This is where we work together DAILY and focus on the overall healthy lifestyle…. Exercise for 30 minutes a day (I will help you pick the fitness program of your choice), clean/balanced eating, and focus everyday at gaining confidence in yourself to reach your ultimate goals in every aspect of your life!!