Want to know a secret? I don’t like getting up at 5:00am to workout🙈
Yup! I said it!
But here’s the deal…when it comes to my schedule and our typical day…if it doesn’t happen bright and early before the kiddos wake up…it just doesn’t happen! I am not an exercise in the evening person!
And while I don’t love peeling myself out of bed at 5:00am…I do LOVE the health benefits of consistent, daily exercise…and the impact on the waistline isn’t too shabby either!
So here’s my tips to ensuring my snooze doesn’t turn into an unplanned rest day:
1. Set the alarm…or 3 alarms but put the phone ACROSS the room so you HAVE to get out of bed to grab it. You may lay back in bed for a snooze but chances are when you stand up…if you can repeat over and over to yourself I’M AWAKE 3x chances are…you’ll just get to it!
2. Sleep in your workout clothes! Its one less step and one less thing to think about it in the morning! And if you don’t want to sleep in them…AT LEAST lay them out the night before!
3. As soon as you pop out of bed – down a pre-workout drink like ENERGIZE!
This is really my secret weapon. No jittery side effects and just the extra boost I need to power through while I am still waking up! Plus I am slightly addicted to the taste
4. Commit to a SCHEDULE. I don’t like to fall off schedule so knowing that each day I am doing a particular workout or focusing on a particular part of my body helps me stay committed.
5. Tell a friend! Find a buddy or accountability partner who is working towards similar goals as you. Whether its a verbal commitment or an early morning text to simply say “let’s crush it” may be all you need to get up and get moving!
When you combine these things you will be setting yourself up for SUCCESS!!!
Don’t know where to start?! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill out the application below for my upcoming BIKINI BOOTCAMP!
You’re worth it!