What you need:
- 12 eggs
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked, broke into tiny pieces
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2.5 cups red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalopeno, chopped
- *Optional – avocado &/or cheese
What to do:
- Spray baking pan with olive oil (I prefer the foil tins to make clean up easier! But you can also line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray the foil)
- Combine all ingredients
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until sides begin to crisp and middle is cooked thoroughly
For the portion fix portion sizes:
Makes 6 servings: 1 red, 1 green, and blue depending on the cheese/avocado
I made a second pan for my husband using 16 eggs and adjusted the veggies to be 4 red peppers and 4 cups of spinach to give him 4 servings – each of which included 2 reds and 2 greens.
Note you can make any changes you feel necessary to this recipe – i.e. take out the onions, add in some mushrooms, etc…
My goal was to create a flavorful breakfast that would be several servings and include a protein-veggie-healthy fat combo. This most definitely did the trick!
These egg dishes were part of a weekly meal plan and prep session my husband I did on Sunday to help us stay on track with our health and fitness throughout the week!
Click here to view our weekly meal plan!