So who can relate:
Its Friday night, you want something quick and easy (and preferably healthy!!!) for dinner but you really don’t want to cave into ordering pizza….you have 5 minutes…options are???
Its Saturday afternoon, you haven’t made it to the grocery store for the week yet but you have 5 minutes to throw lunch together – what do you turn to?
This has become one of our go to meals! It is our meat less Friday dinner during lent, as well as veggie filled breakfast on the weekends and/or a quick, healthy, filling lunch! You can add as much or as little as you’d like and really you can’t go wrong!
WHAT DO YOU NEED:
- 2 eggs or 1 egg with 4 egg whites or 8 egg whites (1 red)
- 1 cup chopped spinach (1 green)
- 1/2 cup diced peppers, onions, asparagus (1/2 green)
- 1/4 avocado (1 blue)
- 2 tbs all natural fresh salsa (1/4 purple)
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded chicken or ground turkey (red – varies depending on the amount)
- 1 slice toast (eziekiel is my favorite, my hubby opts for GF Udis but its also relish in a burrito! – 1 yellow)
- slat and pepper to taste
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Spray skillet with olive oil or nonstick spray and heat to medium/high
- Sautee spinach, peppers, onions, asparagus and any other veggies you have on hand for 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked thoroughly
- Serve alone or on top a slice of toast along with your favorite toppings!
There are so many options with this meal. Like I said above – its perfect for Meat-free Fridays and you can make as much or as little as you need! We often call it our “kitchen sink” meal where whatever we have left in the fridge at the end of the week gets tossed in the pan and mixed up! And if you happen to have any leftovers…they do reheat up well!
Whether you’re new to clean eating or a seasoned pro – if you’re interested in more information fill out the form below to join one of my upcoming health and fitness accountability and support groups! Together we can end the trend of obesity!