Now this is a recipe that will be making its way back to the meal plan again!!!
Obtained from the Country Heat nutrition guide – this was a family hit!
Simple, clean, gluten free and full of flavor!
Container Equivalents (per serving, per Country Heat nutrition guide): ½ GREEN – 1 YELLOW – 1 RED – ½ teaspoon***
WHAT YOU NEED:*
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 lb. raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme (or ½ tsp. dried thyme)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:**
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, and sweet potatoes; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and sweet potato is tender-crisp.
3. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and sweet potato is soft.
4. Add garlic and thyme. Season with salt (if desired) and pepper (if desired); cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
* I doubled this recipe. I love green peppers and onions so I added 3 of each yet instead of doubling the sweet potatoes I only did 3 of those.
** My pan was not big enough for the double recipe so I actually cooked the veggies in one pan and the turkey in another and then combined and simmered the last few minutes.
*** Note: The serving size provided was 3/4 cup for the containers listed above providing 4 servings – however I found my recipe when it was said and done to have nearly 1.5 cups for 4 servings yielding 1 yellow, 1 green and 1 red. Use your best judgement!
If you’re interested in learning more about Clean Eating and/or my next Country Heat online accountability group, fill out the application below for more information!!!
2 thoughts on “Turkey & Sweet Potato Hash”
What is the serving size and how many does it serve?