Well…I did it. I finally did it!
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (it will reduce to about 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower. One large head will make about 6 cups of riced cauliflower…enough for 3 pizzas. You can cook multiple at once and eat as leftovers or save for another day/another meal)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp roasted red pepper and garlic seasoning (you could use garlic, onion, italian, etc…just a little bit of something to spice it up)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Pizza sauce and toppings of your choice!
1. To rice the cauliflower, cut into florets then smaller chunks and pulse in a food processor until you see rice-like bits. Do not over process, you don’t want it to be mushy!!!
2. Microwave the riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl for about 6 minutes (keep in mind all microwaves vary!!!) There is no need to add water – the cauliflower is all you need! After microwaving, move the cooked – riced cauliflower into a mesh strainer or cheese cloth and drain completely, pressing out excess water. Once drained, transfer to a clean dish towel or stack of paper towels and continue pressing out any excess water. This key is step – if you do not get the water out your crust will not be crispy!
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (I prefer olive oil spray!)
4. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup riced, cooked cauliflower, 1 egg, beaten and your parmesan cheese. Next, add seasonings and crushed garlic. Make sure everything is well mixed – I prefer using my hands!!! Place the dough mixture on the cookie sheet and pat out 8-9” round or square pizza crust.
5. Bake your dough at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite (pre-cooked) toppings to your pizza. We did one pizza with just cheese and sauce for the kiddos and one with chicken and sautéed spinach on the other. Place pizza under broiler for about 2-3 minutes, or just until cheese is melted.
If you have any other tweaks, ideas or great topping combos please share away!!
I like to keep my family recipes as CLEAN yet flavorful – as possible! We limit gluten but LOVE pizza so this was a big hit!!!
One thought on “Cauliflower Crust Pizza”