Hearing the amazing news that I was SELECTED as one of the participants in the SHIFT SHOP TESTGROUP was like a dream come true.
Then I looked at the calendar – Round 1 started with the week of my son’s birthday & Round 2 started with a week long vacation with our friends and family.
I immediately thought of the hurdles but quickly turned it around and imagined:
How good would it feel to not only get AMAZING results leading up to our beach vacation but to actually come home from that trip with those SAME RESULTS!?!?
I don’t know about you but even with a very healthy balanced lifestyle, I will admittedly work *extra* hard leading up to an event and let the food and emotions run wild once the big day/trip comes.
It seems silly – I mean why work so hard to undo it?
How great would it be if you didn’t come home from vacation with guilt and another long(er) road ahead of you?!?!?!
And so…that’s just what I did!
I wrapped up Round 1 of the Shift Shop testgroup nearly 5 pounds lighter and with increased confidence which propelled me into a 2 day travel trip and week long trip at the beach with habits in tact and goals that couldn’t be squashed!
Was I perfect?
Nope! Not at all.
But I stuck to my guns and never felt like I was missing out or “couldn’t” eat what everyone else was eating. I simply ate what my body craved and if I wanted to taste a bite of ice cream or sample the mac and cheese I did – but you know what…I never felt the need for more than a taste!
So how can YOU go on your next vacation or weekend getaway without reversing the work you put in beforehand:
- PACK SNACKS for the car. And no I’m not meaning bars and pretzels! My road trip snacks included:
- Cut up apple for easy drive/snacking
- Red peppers
- Over hard eggs
- Roasted veggies
- Shakeology and coconut water filled shaker cup
- Fruity gum
- Allow your friends to know you’re working on becoming a healthier version of YOU and if they’re truly your friends they will support YOU
- 2 words: SPARKLING WATER
- There were adult beverages going down but you know what – I never had ONE! And I didn’t feel I had to! I sipped a sparkling water of choice and still had a blast at game night, watched the PENS playoff hockey game and lounged by the pool without feeling like I was missing out on the fun! Because I didn’t want it. I didn’t want the extra calories and when you don’t WANT it you don’t feel like you’re MISSING a thing!
- Plan to workout daily
- PICK A TIME: While I was initially thinking I would get up at 6 and work it – I didn’t! I talked to my hubs who was cool with us enjoying the morning for as long as it would last until the littles woke up – so we did!!! Some mornings I got them breakfast before I pressed play some mornings he took the reigns. They were up by 7 each day – but I enjoyed the no alarm. But each morning I had some company with me and you know what – I LOVED it!!!
- THE POINT: Just make sure you DO IT. Pack weights or a resistance band if you need it or go with a no equipment workout like CORE DE FORCE or PIYO and keep moving!
- Grocery shop
- Obviously your storage situations will vary but with our beach trip we were in a house! The kiddos and I stopped at the farmers market on the way down and then hit up the grocery store once we got there. On pizza night I ordered a salad. On Taco Tuesday I whipped up a Taco Salad and splurged on a few chips – key word: FEW. When we did the steamer buckets I fried some eggs and enjoyed leftover veggies!!!
- Drink your Shakeology daily
Not only does it help with cravings but its an easy meal to pack and make and can be enjoyed any time of the day! It was breakfast a few times, lunch a few times and even a late night snack one night! This is one meal/snack that feels like a splurge BUT ISN’T so enjoy it when you can!
For the first time EVER I came home from a week long vacation without the guilt.
I sat down Sunday made my meal plan for the meal plans for the hubs and I
And got to work Monday morning!
I didn’t need to detox or do a cleanse or hit the restart button. I just KEPT GOING. And that my friends is what I want to help YOU learn!
I am now taking applicants for my SUMMER JUMPSTART accountability group and spots are filling fast!!!
If you’re ready to DITCH all excuses, put the work in, and reap the rewards – fill out the application below!
One thought on “How to enjoy vacation without undoing your fitness results”